GlueX Tutorial 2019
- Help students and new collaborators get started with the technical steps necessary for a physics analysis
- All tutorials should be explained on the basis on a fictitious analysis of the channel γp→ωp
Location and Time
The workshop will take place at:
DATES: May 13, 2018
LOCATION: CEBAF Center F326
It is not necessary to have gone through the previous workshop talks, but you will probably benefit if you do.
The official software and all scripts used during the tutorial can be found on the JLab CUE:
To obtain your own version of the tutorial and complete the exercises, please clone it from GitHub in your own working area.
Please add your name to the list of attendees below. No formal registration or registration fee is required.
|Name||Home Institution||Level||Participate at JLab|
|Churamani Paudel||FIU||Grad Student||Yes|
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/115815824
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Monday May 13, 2019
Software Tutorial and Workshop
- 13:00 Introduction & Data Processing (80) --- Chair:
- 13:00 Session 0a (30) --- IFarm and GlueX Environment --- Mark Ito (tbc.)
- 13:30 Session 0b (30) --- ReactionFilter and Analysis Submit Form --- Alex Austregesilo (tbc.)
- 14:00 Session 0c (30) --- Analysis Trees and DSelector ---
- 14:00 Session 0d (30) --- Q&A
- 15:00 Coffee (30)
- 15:30 Simulation & Acceptance (60) --- Chair:
- 15:30 Session 0e (30) --- Batch Submission at JLab --- Alex Austregesilo (tbc.)
- 16:00 Session 0f (30) --- MCWrapper and Monte Carlo production --- Thomas Britton
- 16:30 Session 0g (30) --- Efficiency Correction and Flux Normalization --- Justin Stevens (tbc.)
- 17:00 Adjourn