Jan 22, 2009 BCAL Construction
Meeting time 14:00-15:00 Newport News / 13:00-14:00 Regina / 12:00-13:00 Edmonton
- +1-800-377-8846 : US
- +1-888-276-7715 : Canada
- +1-302-709-8424 : International
- then enter participant code: 39527048# (remember the "#")
Quick Reference Links
Documents to Review
- Dan's drawing of a leveling system for BCAL modules: Media:Wedge_Leveling.jpg
- Electropneumatic Press photos
- Electropneumatic Press videos
- Updated Wedge drawing: Latest wedge machined dwg
- Updated Base plate drawing: Latest base plate dwg need to remove inserts for machining
- Swager reactivation
- Beam/plate leveling on machining and layup tables (see "Documents to Review" Item 1 above).
- Installation: how to lift matrix from Al base plate off steel beam
- Latest changes to drawings (see links above).
- Review action item list
- Other business
Action Item List
Tim will supply updated drawings and post on DocDB by this friday
Swager reactivation and rolling spacing check (Zisis/George)
- Gilbert will submit a list of all tools required and cost estimates by middle of next week. Mostly completed.
- Gilbert will send a drawing of the machining set up for Jlab to reference.
- Detailed schedule for preparation for module production (Gilbert).
Tim to supply 3d stp/iges files to Regina/Alberta.
- In progress: George submitted a QA plan last month. Richard will flush the plan and prepare the document.
- Construction Manager: Progress at UofA on job description, job ad
- Co-Op job ads
Attendees: Alberta - Jim, Gilbert, Jan, Richard, JLAB - Elke, Elton, Tim, Regina - Zisis, George, Dan, Keith
- Announcements: Tim informed us that three lead vendors have replied and all provide B29-spec lead cut to width in sheets or rolls (~20m length). Vulcan, that supplied lead for the prototype modules, is one of the vendors. Elton and George have completed and signed the lead spec document. First article may include lead for the 49th module or at least enough for a 5-10cm build. Turn around time is 20 days.
- Swager Reactivation: It was decided that Regina proceeds with sample builds (of short length) using lead sheets with different spacing of the swager's roller spacing.
- Beam Leveling: Dan's idea and drawing (see above) was discussed. The design seems ok, although there were concerns about the material chosen for the standoffs, their distance along the length, and the fact that loosening the steel beam from the base plate could be a problem.
- Installation: Tim stated that the existing pockets/features on the aluminum base plates should be adequate for lifting the modules of their support beams.
- Latest Drawings: Dan asked Tim to check whether the holes on the base plate are symmetrical along its length, from the center line.
- Review/Update Action Items: