Π polarizability Meeting Feb 25, 2014
Meeting Time And Location
14:30 EST (JLab time)
We will use ReadyTalk phone conferencing. Here are the instructions:
- dial the appropriate number
- +1-866-740-1260 : US and Canada
- 0800-6645316 : Germany
- A complete list of toll-free international numbers can be found here.
- Enter the participant code: 3421244# (the # is needed when using the phone)
If there is a problem connecting via ReadyTalk, we'll use Skype as a backup. The relevant Skype user names are:
- Rory Miskimen - rmiskimen
- Elton Smith - eltonssmith
- David Lawrence - aehsdad
some phone numbers if needed:
David: (757) 269-5567 (cell: 757-746-6697) Rory: (413) 545-2480
- Previous meeting: Jan 28, 2014
- Review MWPC design options for muon chambers (Rory)
- Next meeting discussion
Attendees: David L., Mark D., Mark I., Elton S., Rory M.
- Meeting time and video conferencing
- We agreed that the 4:00pm time every other Tuesday worked for now and so we will keep it.
- Mark D. would like to have the meetings added to his Zimbra calendar (David will do it)
- ESNet and ReadyTalk will be going away by the end of the fiscal year. JLab will be adopting Blue Jeans but JLab IT is still testing it
- Rory and Dave will try Google Hangouts next week since Rory will be on travel for the next meeting
- Reinforcement of the downstream platform
- The downstream platform will hold the μ/π detector which contains a lot of iron and therefore weighs a lot
- The platform will need to be reinforced to hold this additional weight.
- An engineering student (Bobby Smythe) is working with Tim on this. He will give a presentation at a meeting soon.
- MWPC Updated
- Rory has 3 students working on different aspects of the MWPC design
- Current guesstimate is that it will cost around $10/channel for the electronics. This includes a pre-amp integrated directly onto the PCB that holds the wires themselves.
- They will be building a 6"x6" prototype chamber using frames created by a 3D printer in the UMass physics department.