Π polarizability Meeting Mar 11, 2014
Meeting Time And Location
16:00 EST (JLab time)
Since Rory is on travel, we will try connecting via Google Hangouts today. Rory will be initiating the hangout so contact him with your gmail address if yo would like him to invite you.
At JLab, will also use ReadyTalk phone conferencing. Here are the instructions:
- dial the appropriate number
- +1-866-740-1260 : US and Canada
- 0800-6645316 : Germany
- A complete list of toll-free international numbers can be found here.
- Enter the participant code: 3421244# (the # is needed when using the phone)
If there is a problem connecting via Google Hangouts/ReadyTalk, we'll use Skype as a backup. The relevant Skype user names are:
- Rory Miskimen - rmiskimen
- Elton Smith - eltonssmith
- David Lawrence - aehsdad
some phone numbers if needed:
David: (757) 269-5567 (cell: 757-746-6697) Rory: (413) 545-2480
- Previous meeting: Feb 25, 2014
- Structural engineering of platform (Bobby S.)
- Hadronic LBL (Rory)
- Next meeting
Attendees: David L., Elton S., Bobby Smyth, Mahbub K., Tim W., Dave M., Mark D., Eugene C., Beni Z., Rory M.
- Structural engineering of platform
- 2m x 2m of steel (16.5 tons) (discs)
- 10cm of space for cables on sides of MWPCs
- Structure will extend through hole in plates on platform and distribute load to existing support structure
- Dave M. asks if we need to adjust design to allow shimming in case beam hole needs to be repositioned
- We will likely need to extend platform to allow racks to be moved back and still have clearance to rails
- Hadronic LBL scattering
- Rory showed a "roadmap" of contributions to LBL scattering contributions.
- This was shown at the rare eta workshop at UMass last week
- Pion polarizability is an important input to the LBL calculation