Π polarizability Meeting Oct 12, 2012
We meet via Skype. The relevant Skype user names are:
- Rory Miskimen - rmiskimen
- Alexander Mushkarenkov - alexander_mushkarenkov
- Elton Smith - eltonssmith
- David Lawrence - aehsdad
- Previous meeting: Sep. 28, 2012
- Generated and Reconstructed Kinematics at nominal target position (Elton)
- Questions from Collab. meeting:
- Richard: how well do we need to know the photon polarization? (as it impacts the ability to separate out the rho background)
- Eugene: What are the advantages of photoproduction relative to pion production?
- Beni: What is the optimal photon beam energy, especially considering that the polarization can be considerably enhanced for lower beam energies?
- Eugene: Moving the target upstream may affect the ability of the solenoid field to confine electromagnetic background within a small distance from the beamline. So this is a second consideration that should be included in picking the target location.
- Sasha: We need to think about how to trigger this experiment, as it cannot rely on energy deposition in the barrel.