GlueX Level-3 Trigger Meeting, Apr 20, 2017
Meeting Time And Location
15:00 EST (JLab time)
You can connect using BlueJeans Video conferencing (ID: 198 332 417). (Click "Expand" to the right for details -->):
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- Meeting ID: 198 332 417
- (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via iOS or Android App:
- Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 22.214.171.124 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
(Click expand for some links to background information -->)
- Date change: Review will be 1 week earlier on May 11 13:00-17:00
- Previous Meeting (Apr 13, 2017)
- Current Status
- Data Rates (David L.)
- May 11 review
Attendees: David L., Sergey F., Alex S., Eugene C.
- We discussed the current status of the trigger rate and event size projections in order to catch Eugene up
- There was consensus that with the existing readout hardware rate limitations and reduced event size, a L3 farm solution is no longer warranted. We will present a high intensity running solution at the review that does not require L3 farm.
- There was some discussion on how to present the FCAL+BCAL+ST trigger.
- Without the ST in the trigger and using our Spring 2017 FCAL+BCAL thresholds we would be near (and possibly slightly over) the hardware limits for data readout when running 5 x 107 γ/s. This would leave no margin.
- With the ST in the trigger the L1 rate is reduced by a factor of about 1.6
- Eugene suggested we look at existing data for a channel that may be affected by an ST cut (e.g. γp -> ωp -> πoγp) and see what is thrown away if an ST is required
- Items needed for high intensity running that will need to be budgeted:
- 10Gb switch for Tagger hall + up to 4 10Gb mezzanine cards for the tagger crates
- Additional large raid disk
- These and other online costs for next 3 years was put into spreadsheet on Mar. 10th and provided to CC
- Compare most recent data volume estimate provided to CC to one using a 2GB/s data rate. Discuss with CC to see if this causes any concern (David)
- Look at γp -> ωp -> πoγp channel and see what is discarded when ST hit is required. (Alex, David)
- Start outlining talk and gathering slides so we can review at next meeting (David)
We will meet again on Thursday next week at 3pm. Room A110 is reserved.