GlueX Offline Meeting, October 21, 2009

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Non-standard time! The meeting will be at 1:30 pm in CEBAF Center F326/327


To connect by telephone:

  1. dial:
    • 800-377-8846 : US
    • 888-276-7715 : Canada
    • 302-709-8424 : International
  2. enter participant code: 77438230# (remember the "#")

Video Conferencing

A) ESNet: 8542553
B) EVO: direct meeting link


Talks can be deposited in the directory /group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2009-10 on the JLab CUE (you have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group). This directory is accessible from the web at .


  1. Review minutes from last meeting
  2. Announcements
  3. Separating HDDS (geometry definition) in the builds: Mark
  4. Action item review


CMU: Curtis Meyer
JLab: Craig Bookwalter, Mark Ito (chair), David Lawrence, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann

Review minutes from last meeting

How Timing Is Done in GlueX: Craig has checked som stuff in, in particular a new DTime class. He has not had time to play with the internals yet, but will start this week. Simon has been in contact with him with some guidance on the TOF.

JLab batch farm priority: We actually invoked a period of increased priority last week. That seemed to work well; the increased through-put was noticeable.

Coding Standards: David has started work on this, modifying the CLEO standard for our purposes, mainly in the "style" section so far. He will report on his work at the next meeting.

12 GeV Project Schedule, Offline Computing: Eugene Chudakov, David, and Mark will meet on this subject tomorrow.


  • Nightly builds are running again.
  • The meeting time scheduler is up. We are deciding on a new time for this meeting. Go to the scheduler to veto your least favorite offline meeting times.

Separating HDDS (geometry definition) in the builds

Mark led us through issues involved in separating our geometry code from the main source code tree. We agreed that this was a good thing to do and that Mark will work on it.

Renaming of DTrack, DParticle classes

Simon reviewed the recent reorganization of some of our reconstruction classes so that their names more accurately reflect their functions. He has modified hdview2 to follow this change, but there are other programs that will need changes.

Action Item review

We quickly ran through the list. We noted that recent work on multi-track final states by Simon and David has resulted in some significant improvements, relaxing assumptions only valid for single tracks.