GlueX PID Meeting, July 14, 2020
Meeting time and day: 10:30 am, Tuesdays
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/927733173.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 188.8.131.52 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 927733173.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 927733173.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- PID Selections and Systematics Task Force
Attendees: Alex A., Sean, Mahmoud, Mark D., Daniel L., Naomi, Nilanga, Susan, S.T.
- Daniel reported Lepton ID performance for a few different algorithms
- His most recent ML algorithm gives the best results for S/sqrt(S+B)
- Naomi looked at dE/dx in CDC using simulated bggen events
- Sees the bump behavior near 70 degrees in the bggen events (roughly in the same place as for real data), not present for particle gun
- S.T. showed dependence of dE/dx in FDC and CDC on number of hits used in dE/dx calculation
- Mahmoud continues comparison of timing between MC and data for η→γγ events
- for data the time difference distributions are asymmetric -- Daniel suggested using "Crystal barrel" function
- MC a little wider than real data