GlueX Software Meeting, March 2, 2021
GlueX Software Meeting
Tuesday, March 2, 2021
3:00 pm EST
BlueJeans: 968 592 007
- Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting (all)
- Minutes from the Last HDGeant4 Meeting (all)
- Review of recent issues and pull requests:
- Review of recent discussion on the GlueX Software Help List (all)
- Action Item Review (all)
Present: Thomas Britton, Mark Dalton, Mark Ito (chair), Igal Jaegle, Simon Taylor, Nilanga Wickramaarachchi, Beni Zihlmann
- New version set: 4.36.0. This one adds Diracxx as a standard package.
- New version of Build Scripts: version 2.8. Support for Diracxx.
- Random Trigger Supply Chain. New wiki page that explains how the random trigger files are deployed for use in Monte Carlo jobs.
HOWTO Request: Adding New Detector
Recently Igal went through the exercise of adding a new detector to the simulation and reconstruction. He found there were a lot of details to manage to get a working system, details for which he could not find documentation. He made a request for a HOWTO on adding a new detector to the system.
Review of Minutes from the Last Software Meeting
We went over the minutes from February 2nd with very little comment.
Minutes from the Last HDGeant4 Meeting
We went over the minutes from the meeting on February 23rd. At that meeting we discusses a plan of action to have our various software packages use a consistent scheme for assigning photon energy based on a given hit in a tagger counter, simulation and data, old reconstruction launches and new. Richard has already implemented many of the changes. See his email from February 26.
Review of recent issues and pull requests
We paged through the issue pages and the software help list. There were no reports of progress or discussion.
Action Item Review
- Ask the Computer Center about staging the start of jobs in time. (Mark I.)
- Make sure that the automatic tests of HDGeant4 pull requests have been fully implemented. (Mark I., Sean)
- Finish conversion of halld_recon to use JANA2. (Nathan)
- Release CCDB 2.0 (Dmitry, Mark I.)
- Start a wiki page to collect ideas on software testing. (Mark)