GlueX Start Counter Meeting, April 21, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
3:30 pm EDT
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326/7
- Review minutes from previous meeting: all
- Start Counter News
- MOU status
To connect by telephone:
- US and Canada: (866)740-1260 (toll free)
- International: (303)248-0285 (toll call) or look up toll-free number at http://www.readytalk.com/intl
- enter access code followed by the # sign: 3421244#
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=eaeDetvlv8a9asasIa
- Phone Bridge ID: 8 5557
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2011-2Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2011-2Q/ . You have to be a member of the "halld" Unix group to do this.
- FIU: Lei Guo
- JLab: Mark Ito (chair), Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
Optical fibers for light guides
In case fine-mesh phototubes are necessary, Lei had been looking into obtaining some square, 3 mm × 3 mm optical fibers to test as light guides. He has been in contact with Saint-Gobain, but so far has not succeeded in placing an order for such a small quantity.
- Lei will ask Richard Jones about what he is using for the tagger microscope.
- Mark will ask around JLab to see if anyone has spare samples or experience ordering suitable fibers.
- FIU has not received the new model of amplifier for the SiPM array. Mark will ask about shipping one to them from JLab.
- Sascha Somov is ordering some individual 3 mm × 3 mm SiPM's from Hamamatsu to test, some of which will be sent to FIU. Mark will check on the status of that order.
The MOU is ready to give to Allison to see if she has comments before passing it through the concurrence chain.