GlueX Start Counter Meeting, February 9, 2012
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, February 9, 2012
10 am EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, Room F326
- Review minutes from previous meeting
- Prototype Report
- SiPM configuration
- Contract Status
- Simulation Status
- ESNet: 8542553
- Meeting URL: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=e9eIeivevnaeaBIsaaI9
- Phone Bridge ID: 11 7685
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2012-1Q on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2012-1Q/ .
Chair's Cell Phone
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Lei Guo, Puneet Khetarpal, Eric Pooser
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Chuck Hutton, Mark Ito (chair), Tim Whitlatch, Beni Zihlmann
- We reviewed the Conference call with Hamamatsu representatives and the solution we have decided to pursue: 4 SMD-type 3×3 mm devices in a row.
- We reviewed the recently received quote from Hamamatsu for the relevant devices. (See Mark for the username and password).
- We looked at the latest drawings from Chuck, 3-D close-up version and line-drawing version and discussed various mechanical considerations for the read-out design.
- Werner has placed an order with McNeal to make a sample counter.
Puneet showed results recent results from new studies that model light collection in the counters. He uses Geant4. He described:
- Geometry and set-up
- Material properties used
- Optical surface options explored
Results are not inconsistent with what has been observed on the bench. See his wiki page for details.