January 20, 2022 KLONG Phase II Design Meeting
Meeting Time and Place
Thursday January 20, 2022, 1pm Zoom https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/j/1607996337?pwd=b1lEWVhDU0VjSG1DaEhPd0tVK0VjZz09&from=addon#success
- Present - Hovanes Egiyan, Stephanie Worthington, Keith Harding, Igor Strakovsky, Tim Whitlatch, Vitaly Baturin,
Mikhail Bashkanov, Anthony Polazzo, Eugene Chudakov
- Minutes from last meeting https://halldweb.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/December_09,_2021_KLONG_Design_Meeting
- Requirements for beamline downstream of collimator cave media:Igor's_layout.pdf
- Mikhail Flux Monitor Presentation media:Fluxmonitor_2022.pdf
Requirements and things to finalize
- 6 cm beam tube through Pair Spec magnet to cryo target
- Remove PS vacuum chamber and put in 6cm beampipe
- Briefly discussed minutes from December meeting
- Reviewed Igor's geometry layout
- Determined 6cm ID tube from collimator wall to target - wall thickness will be 1.5 to 2 mm, ok
- Determined Flux monitor downstream edge is 4m from PS magnet center
- Need to talk to Chris Keith about new 6cm cryo target - make sure there is room to pull it out
- Mikhail present latest Flux monitor design
- Need to remove PS shield wall
- Look at fitting an MRI magnet on platform (5.5 tonnes)
- Need to determine height to center of magnet
- Will it fit on existing platform and is it strong enough?
- Need to determine power requirements
- 90 l/min LCW needed
- Mikhail to send data sheet for magnet
- Existing solenoid will be powered for the experiment
- link to KLF wiki https://wiki.jlab.org/klproject/index.php/Main_Page
- Vitaly added the following after the meeting
- 1. I've imported the Source Model (FLUKA) that I received from Hovanes.
- 2. For the moment it runs only without a magnetic field.
- 3. FLUKA complaints that it can not open the file "cps_mag00.txt"
- 4. This file is missing in *.zip file !
Hovanes, could you please get this file from the author of this model?
- Talk to Chris Keith about new cryo target - Tim
- Layout geometry based on today's discussion
- Set up future meetings