July 27, 2016 Calibration
GlueX Calibration Meeting
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
11:00 am, EST
JLab: CEBAF Center, F326
You can connect using BlueJeans using the meeting number 630 804 895 . (Click "Expand" to the right for more details -->):
- Make sure you have created a BlueJeans account via your JLab CUE account using this link:
- http://jlab.bluejeans.com (You should only need to do this once)
- Meeting ID: 630804895
- (you may need to type this in, depending how you connect)
- If connecting via Web Browser: click this link (no passcode is needed):
- If connecting via iOS or Android App:
- Use your JLab e-mail address to log in and then enter the meeting ID given above to join the meeting
- If connecting via Phone: Dial one of the following numbers and then enter the meeting ID above and hit "#" or "##"
- Dial: 1 888 240 2560 (US or Canada only)
- or, List of International Numbers
- If connecting via Polycom unit:
- Dial 220.127.116.11 or bjn.vc
- Enter meeting ID above
- Use *4 to unmute
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2016 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2016/ .
- Spring 2016 Recon Checklist
- Mcsmear updates - mcsmear 20160323
- Data Validation
- GlueX Detector Performance Document
- Next Monitoring Run?
- Detector updates
- sim1.1 for data/simulation matching studies (Sean/Mark I.)
- Mcsmear updates
Attendees: Simon T., Alex B., Justin S., Curtis M., Will M., Nacer, Alex A???, Mark I., Mark D., Luke R., Eugene C., Beni Z.
- The next monitoring pass awaits changes to the tracking code by Simon T. Changes to the BCAL reconstruction are probably not going to be ready for a month or two.
- We typically run over the first 5 files of each run -- Beni is working on possibly reconfiguring the TOF time-walk correction, but he needs much more data (maybe 40 files/run). We can use the monitoring pass to check any changes.
- The first analysis pass over the data is imminent; waiting for some plugin cleanup.
- BCAL: Will M. has made progress in matching MC energy/timing response to real data.
- TOF: Beni is working on efficiencies
- Tagger: Nathan and Alex B. are working on clusterization of hits.
- Alex B. warned not to require the TAGM TDC for early runs -- does not affect REST files.
- Many groups (TOF, Tagger, BCAL) will need channel-by-channel discriminator thresholds - Alex S. is aware...
- The latest simulation pass (sim1.1) has been completed, 8000 jobs with 25000 events each = ~1% of amount of the real data. Information about the simulation can be found here