June 29, 2017 Drift Chamber meeting
- Instructions for Bluejeans meeting connection
- Meeting ID: 290664653
- dEdx (Lubomir)
- inefficiency pattern (Alex)
- Alignment progress? (Mike)
- 2017 mcsmear Workplan
- fADC125? (Naomi, Cody, Beni)
- TRD (Lubomir)
Participants: Curtis, Mike, Naomi (CMU) Alexander A., Beni, Chris, Simon, Sergey, and Lubomir (JLab).
- We discussed briefly the effect of the space charge on the dE/dx in the CDC (as reported on the analysis meeting). This is a project that requires fitting of the dE/dx angular dependence for different particles (electrons, pions, kaons, protons) and correcting for it, which will significantly improve the PID. Sergey: the effect will depend also on the CDC HV. Curtis proposed to contact Klaus Peters and Nacer (GSI) since they were interested in the dE/dx studies.
- Chris: the CDC cables were disconnected and re-routed (by Nick) to have more slack and better access to the electronics. Once cables are re-connected Nick will test them with the f125 pulsers. Naomi will contact Nick about a few channels with lower gain to be tested.
- Alex A. pointed again on the pattern seen in the FDC efficiency, reported also yesterday on the analysis meeting. It may come from the inefficiency in the field wire region, but to have this effect the track has to pass through this region in all the chambers (four required) in the same package. Simon and Alex will further investigate this.
- Fernando submitted a PR for additional LV modules and a chassis to improve the FDC threshold segmentation by a factor of 4 - will have one threshold per chamber. A new distribution box is need, as well, and Nick was working on it.
- Mike is done with the alignment improvements. Curtis: Alex Barnes will be joining the CMU team and will continue with the alignment studies.
MCSMEAR work plan
- Names were assigned to the CDC/FDC tasks (as formulated by Sean on the analysis meeting) needed to match MC and data. We discussed at what level the parameters in MC have to be smeared. It was not clear how to do this for some of the tasks, still the list is to be used as a guide.
- TRD: two modifications will be made on the TRD prototype for the fall run. The drift gap will be increased from 2 to 3.2cm and the entrance window will be replaced with a thinner material - chromium foil.