July 14, 2016 Drift Chamber meeting
- Instructions for Bluejeans meeting connection
- Meeting ID: 290664653
- Detector updates
- CDC update (Naomi/Mike/Beni)
- FDC update (Simon/Lubomir/Alex)
- NIM Papers
- fADC125 meeting (Naomi, Cody, Beni)
Participants: Sean (NU), Mike (CMU) Eugene, Cody, Luke, Beni, Alexander A., Simon, and Lubomir (JLab).
- In the analyses meeting Mike reported already his studies on the CDC efficiency.
- Beni: Nick and Chris are cleaning/replacing the CDC HVB that had some issues during the last run due to some dust on them. We discussed possible origins of this dust: coming from the cooling tubes, air, or sucked by the magnetic field.
- Simon showed first plots about implementing the drift time in the FDC tracking.
- Lubomir studied the magnetic field effects with Garfield and showed that the effect of the avalanche deflection along the wire is equivalent to a wire rotation (of about 10deg for our field) w.r.t. avalanche position. The effect on the time-to-distance relation is equivalent to about 10% increase in the time scale.
- Lubomir showed GENFIT results about the FDC resolution in magnetic field (all results so far presented were without magnetic field): there's strong dependence on momentum and is better than 200 microns at high momenta. There's more work needed on the alignment as seen from some systematics in the residuals shown above.