September 22, 2016 Drift Chamber meeting
- Instructions for Bluejeans meeting connection
- Meeting ID: 290664653
- Collaboration meeting agenda
- Preparation for the fall 2016 run
- CDC update (Naomi/Mike/Beni)
- FDC update (Lubomir)
- fADC125 meeting (Naomi, Cody, Beni)
Participants: Sean (NU), Curtis, Naomi, Mike (CMU) Eugene, Luke, Paul, Chris, Beni, Alexander A., Simon, Sergey, and Lubomir (JLab).
- Simon will (have to) have a talk on the collaboration meeting in the tracking section, taking the Paul's slot.
- Paul plotted "measured-missing" pi momentum (log entry above) showing that there's 20% offset in the measurements at small (FDC) angles. => Something's wrong with analysis version 2.
- Simon presented extensive study (linked above) of the tracking resolution based on pull distributions with MC for different momenta ranging from 0.25 to 4 GeV. He also used Paul's method for rho production and missing pi momentum to study the tracking resolution. Main observations:
-- poor tracking efficiency for theta < 40deg (0.25GeV) and <20deg (1-4 GeV), and at the same time some systematic deviations from the thrown momentum projections - not clear why (this is MC!). However no bias seen in the total momentum.
-- some modulations in the errors of the track parametrization parameters with phi, but the mean values are OK.
-- using MC doesn't see Paul's problems with real data.
- Next meeting in three weeks.