The tables are described here: Calibration_Constants (from 2014 but it's a start)
The calibration process
Coordinated launches of batch jobs running hd_root with the monitoring & calibration plugins are organized during and after each run period.
Plot Browser is often used to examine the resulting histograms (the root files are on the cache disk directory for the run period).
The people responsible for each subdetector's calibrations calculate a new set of calibration values and add them to the database. This process is repeated until the calibrations are satisfactory and the data are declared ready for REST production.
Calibration software maintained by the detector groups can be found in halld_recon with varying levels of documentation stored with the plugins.
- BCAL calibrations
- CDC calibrations - CDC_amp, CDC_dedx, CDC_TimeToDistance, scripts
- FCAL calibrations
- FDC calibrations - timing from alignment procedure (add plugin)
- PS calibrations - PSC_TW, PS_timing
- ST calibrations - ST_Propagation_Time
- TAGH calibrations - TAGH_timewalk
- TAGM calibrations - TAGM_TW
- TOF Calibration - TOF_calib, scripts
- TPOL calibrations
- Overall timing calibrations - HLDetectorTiming
Existing wiki pages that could be updated or repurposed
- Calibration holds links to calibration instructions for BCAL and TOF. If I had thought of searching for calibration (singular) earlier, I would have repurposed that page instead of creating this one.
- Calibration_Challenge this has a nice list of which plugin is used for which ccdb table