Revision as of 16:44, 24 February 2017 by Marki (Talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "http://argus.phys.uregina.ca/cgi-bin/public" to "https://halldweb.jlab.org/doc-public")
Systems in Use
|GlueX Communication Equipment|
|Institution||Equipment Type||Brand||Model||Phone Line||Other Details|
|CMU||H323||Polycom||VSX5000||No||VSX5000 data sheet add on VTX1000 speaker phone|
|FSU||H323||Polycom||QDX6000||No||QDX 6000 data sheet|
|Regina||H323||Polycom||VSX7000||?||online management, H323 extension 202166|
|UConn||H323||Polycom||Viewstation H323||Yes||online management, H323 extension 202130 (product no longer offered)|
|Timbuktu||PC||Dell||N/A||No||Headset with mic|
- Polycom V500: New is $1500, refurbished is $700.
- Polycom VSX 5000: New is $3000, refurbished is $2000.
- Polycom VSX 7000: New is $5000, refurbished is $2800.
- Polycom QDX 6000: New is $2900.
- Polycom VSX 3000 System: This system comes with a display screen as well as the camera. $3800.
- Polycom VTX 1000 microphone/speaker/conference phone. Purchase new for about $700.
Comments on Recent Purchases
- Curtis: about 18 months ago, I purchased a new system (better camera and micrphone). It is the VSX 5000 unit, which was about $3000. Refurbished units are about 2/3 of that. I also bought a VTX1000 phone/micrphone extension which is about 700 new and 400 refurbished. ur VTX 1000 unit provides the phone-line connection.
- Paul: We purchased a new system polycom QDX 6000 in December for $2800 from www.govconnection.com (you can get a better educational price if you call). So far, we have been happy with the system. The only downside was that our old polycom .H323 system also doubled as a teleconference system. The new system does not connect to a phone line. I do not know if VSX 5000 does. QDX 6000 High Resolution Video Conferencing System, Mfr: Polycom, Inc. Item#: 9405371 Mfg. Part #: 7200-30831-001.
Setting Up Systems
- When Curtis set up his original system in 2007, he wrote up his notes on what he did. They are available as GlueX Document 738.
- Zisis wrote Polycom Setup Instructions that were successfully implemented by the Athens group in February 2010.
- ESNET Registration