GlueX Start Counter Meeting, February 12, 2015
GlueX Start Counter Meeting
Thursday, February 12, 2015
10:00 am EST
CEBAF Center F326/327
- Review minutes from the February 5 meeting
- Cable Swap Log Book Entry 3320190
- Tracking ST Update
- Plans for Spring run
- NIM paper?
- Action Item Review
- The BlueJeans Meeting ID is 556 286 544 .
- Connect to the Meeting
Talks can be deposited in the directory
/group/halld/www/halldweb/html/talks/2015 on the JLab CUE. This directory is accessible from the web at https://halldweb.jlab.org/talks/2015/ .
- FIU: Werner Boeglin, Mahmoud Kamel
- JLab: Eugene Chudakov, Mark Ito (chair), Eric Pooser, Simon Taylor
Eric reported that Nick Sandoval and Chris Stanislav did a systematic check of all cables in the Hall and found swaps for counters 1 and 2 and for 22 and 23 going from the ST2 boards to the ST3. The cables had been mislabeled. They are now fixed. This explains the anomalously low rates Eric was seeing for "counter 2" last Fall.
Eric will get the correct translation table into the CCDB both for Fall 2014 data and for data going forward.
Status in Hall
- The new flange has been installed and the start counter mounted on the target cart.
- Survey was done.
- The next step is to cable up the ST2s and do a check.
- Eric will look at a method to attached the temporary target to the nose of the start counter.
Start Counter Efficiency Study
Eric presented work he has done to understand hits from the start counter in preparation for doing an efficiency study using charged tracks. See his slides for details. In particular he described cuts for reducing hits not associated with the event.
After the collaboration meeting, Werner, Eric, and Mahmoud will get together and produce a list, like that for the TOF, tailored for the start counter.
Writing a NIM paper has long been in the thinking at FIU. It would serve also as a major component of Eric's thesis.