July 21, 2021 Calorimeter
Meeting Day/Time: every other WEDNESDAY at 11:00 a.m. JLab time
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/907185247.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 18.104.22.168 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 907185247.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 907185247.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- Upon connection all microphones are automatically muted. To unmute your mike on a Polycom or equivalent unit, enter *4. Unmuting on a computer is trivial as there is a microphone button than can be clicked.
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084 (usual room)
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- Athens Phone: in Christina's office is 011-30-210-727-6947
- FCAL HDFCAL log book
- BCAL HDBCAL log book
- CCAL HDCCAL log book
- Calibrations: 2020 Data Production; RunPeriod-2019-11 Validation; Offline Monitoring Data Validation
- Photon Reconstruction Task Force
Goals for Calorimetry Group
- Determine preliminary photon reconstruction efficiencies as a function of E, phi and theta in data and simulation with a point-to-point precision of at least 5%.
- Measure systematics of pi0/eta mass calibration as a function of detector position to a precision of at least 5 MeV.
- Demonstrate agreement of photon reconstruction efficiency and resolution between data and simulation as a function of E, phi and theta to within 5%.
- Run Preparations
- BCAL LED
- BCAL (offline)
- FCAL (offline)
- follow up plus efficiency as a function of E(γ) & φ(γ): Churamani 
- Action Items
- Any other business
Attendees: Elton, Sean, Igal, Malte, Mark, Matt, Tolga, Varun, Churamani, Karthik, Jon, Rebecca, Zisis
- Mark will chair the August 4 meeting, when Zisis is on holidays.
- Run Preparations
- FCAL: Mark has been working in the dark room. 8 bases (that had never been repaired before) were pulled out. 21 signals were missing, possibly due to 11 unseated cables, 1 comm problem, etc. The resized dark room is 'cozy' but one can work in it. Mark asked for a shelf to be installed, to accommodate a laptop.
- BCAL: not turned on yet. When it comes on, Varun will take some LED data.
- CCAL: no report.
- Calibration: Igal is finishing the 2019/2020 calibrations.
- BCAL LED: no report.
- BCAL (offline): Tolga reminded us that we need to work on training Hydra on the BCAL. Zisis will follow up with Thomas.
- FCAL (offline): Susan sent an email with the Run_0RRRRR_Eff.txt file locations, which Mark will proceed in due time:
- Churamani reported on the efficiency as a function of E(γ) & φ(γ), using the tag-N-probe method on the η'. The sharp drop on slide 2 may be a bit misleading, as no cuts are applied and it could have a lot of background. Sean suggested that a 2D plot of this quantity (Mγ(γ)) versus θγ and others, should be examined. Additionally, the fits giving the points on slides 8 and 9 (efficiency) should be examine closely to figure out what is going on with outlier points.
- Simulations: no report.
- Action Items:
- Short term CALWG Items: List was updated. Rebecca will give an update on Item 2 in August. Item 5 was added (Hydra AI).
- Long term items: List was updated. Former Item 1 was removed (FCAL base repairs). Discussion on Item 2 (Tegan's G3vG4 work) related to ΔT timing of photons and charged particles; these studies are converging gradually.. New Item 3 added (neutrons).
- Work Packages: Karthik will resume work soon on Item 6 and expects to give a report at the next CALWG meeting.
- Any other business
- EIC folks, from the ATHENA consortium, contacted Zisis for information regarding neutrons in the BCAL. Jon mentioned Elton's ideas to use hyperon channels for this. Neutrons have been added to the long-term list. We should discuss whether it makes it to the Work Packages.