September 15, 2021 Calorimeter
Meeting Day/Time: every other WEDNESDAY at 11:00 a.m. JLab time
- To join via a Web Browser, go to the page  https://bluejeans.com/907185247.
- To join via Polycom room system go to the IP Address: 126.96.36.199 (bjn.vc) and enter the meeting ID: 907185247.
- To join via phone, use one of the following numbers and the Conference ID: 907185247.
- US or Canada: +1 408 740 7256 or
- US or Canada: +1 888 240 2560
- Upon connection all microphones are automatically muted. To unmute your mike on a Polycom or equivalent unit, enter *4. Unmuting on a computer is trivial as there is a microphone button than can be clicked.
- More information on connecting to bluejeans is available.
Participant Direct Lines
- JLab Phone in CC L207 is 757-269-7084 (usual room)
- JLab Phone: in CC F326 is 757-269-6460
- Phone in the Regina Video-conference Suite is 306-585-4204
- Athens Phone: in Christina's office is 011-30-210-727-6947
- FCAL HDFCAL log book
- BCAL HDBCAL log book
- CCAL HDCCAL log book
- Calibrations: 2020 Data Production; RunPeriod-2019-11 Validation; Offline Monitoring Data Validation
- Photon Reconstruction Task Force
Goals for Calorimetry Group
- Determine preliminary photon reconstruction efficiencies as a function of E, phi and theta in data and simulation with a point-to-point precision of at least 5%.
- Measure systematics of pi0/eta mass calibration as a function of detector position to a precision of at least 5 MeV.
- Demonstrate agreement of photon reconstruction efficiency and resolution between data and simulation as a function of E, phi and theta to within 5%.
- Run Preparations
- BCAL LED
- BCAL (offline)
- FCAL (offline)
- brief update on bcal_efficiency:Churamani
- Action Items
- Any other business
Attendees: Matt, Malte, Rebecca, Mark, Igal, Varun, Tolga, Karthik, Jon, Sean, Elton, Churamani, Zisis
- Swing shift today is on standby.
- Malte will summarize the FCAL run preparation work at the Collaboration Meeting next week.
- Run Preparations
- FCAL: A discussion occurred on the FCAL max energy question by Igal. This is not a set value, things are rather optimized at the threshold end of things. Run: FCAL is in the green minus two blocks, but one is on the outer region and can be ignored. We will run as is. A note was made on the (weird) internal PMT failure which caused 'clicking' at the ADC. An in eternal discharge blew out the ADC.
- BCAL: green.
- CCAL: no report.
- Calibration: Mark will work on FCAL efficiency and low level BCAL stuff; Karthik will then take over on the BCAL pi0 calibration.
- BCAL LED: Varun took all runs at 5, 10 and 18 deg. The analysis will be done later in the fall.
- BCAL (offline): Hydra work will start as soon as the data is coming in.
- FCAL (offline): no report.
- Churamani game a brief update on bcal_efficiency, using the tag and probe method. The Mg(g) plot was discussed at length; the sharp rise could be a neutron that sneaks in (Jon's suggestion). The neutral_hypo procedure was clarified in general. Churamani was asked to check the trees and also the cuts; if those are super loose (e.g. 0.35-0.75 for eta and 0.6-1.3 GeV for eta-prime) they could affect what appears as a neutron ID. He will also produce plots of Eg1 vs Eg2, and slide 2 could be investigated further (no strong need) by plotting it for 1g, 2g, 3g, versus polar angles, and for found g in BCAL or FCAL. Sean asked that all thee run periods be checked for to see if there is a drop in the efficiency, to ascertain whether this is a limitation of the method or something else.
- Simulations: Igal asked about the FADC count of 2 MeV vs 3.73 MeV in MC. Matt explained that this is a complicated process because the actual pulse is not simulated, and scales up the G4 ionization info. Basically, this is not an inconsistency because 2 different algorithms are used to get these 2 numbers.
- Action Items: they were quickly reviewed. No changes.
- Any other business: none.