September 23, 2009 Software
The meeting will be at 2:00 pm in ARC Building, Room 428.
To connect by telephone:
- 800-377-8846 : US
- 888-276-7715 : Canada
- 302-709-8424 : International
- enter participant code: 77438230# (remember the "#")
- Review minutes from last meeting
- Collaboration meeting comments: all
- some comments from Mark's notes
- Steps for Offline Activities, 12 Gev Project: Mark
- Coding standards: Mark
- How timing is done in GlueX: Craig Bookwalter
- FCAL Smearing: David
- Action item review
Present at JLab: Craig Bookwalter, Mark Ito, David Lawrence, Elton Smith, Sascha Somov, Simon Taylor, Beni Zihlmann
Review of Minutes from the Last Meeting
Access to Mechanical Drawings: Mark will find the message from Chuck announcing new OCE accounts for staff physicists. He will circulate the information and possibly write a wiki page on how to access our drawings.
Additional Disk Space: Beni has been looking at options for purchasing disk storage space in addition to that provided by IT Division. We deferred full discussion to a time when the need for more space is more pressing.
FDC Half-Cell Stagger Studies: Simon has written and posted a GlueX Note. Mark commented that neighboring wire planes to provide help with the left-right resolution in a particular plane even though their wires are not parallel to the plane in question.
Alternate B-Field Studies: David reports that these are progressing.
Position-Dependent Position Resolution: David has implemented this and checked in the changes, incorporating comments he received at the last Tracking Meeting.
Collaboration Meeting Discussion
We reviewed some discussion items from the CMU Collaboration Meeting.
- Elton again stress making a prioritized list of tasks for the Offline Group to address.
- Mark reminded us of the item in his concluding slide: full reconstruction of multi-track, multi-photon events.
- Sascha asked if we have a list of official contact people for the various reconstruction packages. David reminded us that we do; they are listed in the Offline Task List.
- David remarked that we already have full reconstruction capability, but some documentation is needed to make it easier for non-experts. Elton volunteered to act as a beta tester for the GlueX full reconstruction documentation project.
- We agreed that we should discuss priority at the next Offline Meeting.
Steps for Offline Activities
We reviewed the list of steps that Mark and David recently wrote for some of the official offline activities in the 12 GeV Project Earned Value Management System (EVMS) response to a request from Eugene Chudakov. These have been entered into the system. Elton thought we should consider adding these steps to FastTrack to track their progress.
How Timing Is Done in GlueX
Craig gave us his thoughts on how we should handle timing for GlueX, in particular how we should determine the global event start both at low intensity with the start counter present and at high intensity without it. In the latter case, Sascha reminded us that there will be a 20% probability of having two tagger hits in the microscope from the same RF bucket. We agreed that a global approach, where all available information from charged and neutral particles was considered at the same time, seemed the most promising.
Dave presented his new scheme for smearing FCAL hits. This is now done in mcsmear rather than in the reconstruction. Subsequent to the meeting he announced a change to his class naming approach, based on feed-back received during the meeting. Basically, do not change the name of the truth.
Deferred Agenda Items
- Coding standards: Mark
New Action Items
- Find Chuck's OCE email -> Mark
- Complete alternate B-field studies -> David
- Add inner plastic cylinder to the CDC geometry -> Beni
- Full reconstruction documentation project -> Elton and David
- Add EVMS steps to FastTrack -> Mark