February 16, 2022 Calorimeter
Meeting Day/Time: every other WEDNESDAY at 11:00 a.m. JLab time
Use ZoomGov: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/j/1608552106?pwd=UE1nZFIzUUZHVjJEVGJXTGdUYTV3UT09.
Our meeting ID number is 160 855 2106. Click "Expand" for more details.
- Meeting ID: 160 855 2106 Passcode: 944454
- One tap mobile
+16692545252,,1608552106# US (San Jose) +16468287666,,1608552106# US (New York)
- Dial by your location
+1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose) +1 646 828 7666 US (New York) +1 551 285 1373 US +1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose) 833 568 8864 US Toll-free
- Meeting ID: 160 855 2106
- Find your local number: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/u/acAwPdiE89
- Join by SIP email@example.com
- Join by H.323
188.8.131.52 (US West) 184.108.40.206 (US East) Meeting ID: 160 855 2106 Passcode: 944454
- FCAL HDFCAL log book
- BCAL HDBCAL log book
- CCAL HDCCAL log book
- Calibrations: 2020 Data Production; RunPeriod-2019-11 Validation; Offline Monitoring Data Validation
- Photon Reconstruction Task Force
- BCAL calibration links, 2020, PrimEx, SRC
Goals for Calorimetry Group
- Determine preliminary photon reconstruction efficiencies as a function of E, phi and theta in data and simulation with a point-to-point precision of at least 5%.
- Measure systematics of pi0/eta mass calibration as a function of detector position to a precision of at least 5 MeV.
- Demonstrate agreement of photon reconstruction efficiency and resolution between data and simulation as a function of E, phi and theta to within 5%.
- Short term CALWG Items
- Long term items
- Calorimeter work packages
- AI - BCAL Monitoring:
- Past Meeting Minutes
- Shutdown tasks
- Evaluation of hardware for February Collaboration Meeting
- Review Action Items
- Run Operations
- BCAL LED- SiPM dark rate study Update: Varun 
- BCAL (offline)
- FCAL (offline): coming soon: FCAL efficiency maps for the recent Primex and SRC/CT runs
- CCAL (offline)
- Brief follow up on fits from last meeting and single photon gun(BCAL) efficiency(HADR4 card enabled with TRAJ 1) :Churamani 
- Action Items
- Any other business
Attendees: Tolga, Varun, Mark, Elton, Eugene, Matt, Stjepan, Churamani, Malte, Karthik, Rebecca, Jon, Zisis
- The collaboration meeting is approaching, Mark D will present on the FCAL and Zisis will present on the BCAL.
- Run Operations
- Igal raised the issue of potentially changing the FADC range from 2V to 1V. It is understood that the desire is to equalize the gain in the detector for Primex but the bases are limited to 1800V and there are some channels that are less than half the average gain. Many people raise concern about this idea. It is a substantial change which might have unexpected consequences but would likely require a recalibration of the Monte Carlo and redoing all the Data-MC comparisons. It was requested that Igal produce a written proposal for us to evaluate the pros and cons.
- Varun showed LED studies with various temperatures and various bias voltages. Elton: suggest to make summary plots as a function of time.
- Churamani gave an update on BCAL efficiency studies using the tag and probe method with η' mesons. Simulation doesn’t show any efficiency dip at 30 degrees using photon gun. The η' mass resolution changes slightly with run period.
- Matt gave an update on FCAL inner block MC efficiency based on Rebecca's work. There is significant disagreement between MC and data, near the beam hole, in the timing resolution of individual blocks and the number of blocks in a shower. The timing resolution will be broadened to see if this fixes things.