January 31, 2024 Calorimeter

From GlueXWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Day/Time: every other WEDNESDAY at 11:00 a.m. JLab time

Connection instructions

Connect to ZoomGov Meetings


  1. FCAL HDFCAL log book
  2. ECAL HDECAL log book
  3. BCAL HDBCAL log book
  4. CCAL HDCCAL log book
  5. Calibrations: 2020 Data Production; RunPeriod-2019-11 Validation; Offline Monitoring Data Validation
  6. Photon Reconstruction Task Force
  7. BCAL calibration links, 2020, PrimEx, SRC

Goals for Calorimetry Group

  1. Determine preliminary photon reconstruction efficiencies as a function of E, phi and theta in data and simulation with a point-to-point precision of at least 5%.
  2. Measure systematics of pi0/eta mass calibration as a function of detector position to a precision of at least 5 MeV.
  3. Demonstrate agreement of photon resolution between data and simulation as a function of E, phi and theta to within 5%.
  4. Demonstrate agreement of photon reconstruction efficiency between data and simulation as a function of E, phi and theta to within 5%.

Action Items

  1. Short term CALWG Items
  2. Long term items
  3. Calorimeter work packages
  4. AI - BCAL Monitoring:
    1. Hydra Real-Time Dashboard
    2. Hydra 24-hr Monitoring Logs

Tentative Agenda

  1. Announcements
  2. Past Meeting Minutes
  3. Review Action Items
  4. Detectors
    1. FCAL/ECAL
    2. BCAL
  5. Calibration
  6. Monitoring
  7. Reconstruction
  8. Simulations
  9. Any other business


Attendees: Igal, Sean, Jon, Malte, Eugene, Mark, Zisis, Ilya

  1. Announcements: No announcements.
  2. Past Meeting Minutes: nothing to review.
  3. Review Action Items: Ilya is working on CPP gain / calibration constants and uploading them
  4. Detectors
    1. FCAL/ECAL: Malte reported that for FCAL2 the insert LMS fiber installation is ongoing, some cabling work on the downstream side is being done in parallel.
    2. BCAL: Nothing new.
  5. Calibration
    1. Mark noticed that for PrimEx the BCAL position calibration is off - he's investigating this issue. Probably requesting a very small "monitoring launch", possibly only few runs / files to check if issue is fixed. Then, Igal will need to redo the gain + nonlinear corrections and we run another monitoring launch (anyway needed for some CDC changes)
    2. Igal started BCAL calibration for GlueX 2023 data; we discussed the pi0 peak position for a while, which shows a jump up for a bunch of runs in the middle of the run period, then jumps back down.
  6. Monitoring
  7. Reconstruction:
    1. Usefulness of different clustering algorithms was discussed. Igal mentioned, that Alex will be asked to include hit information in REST files, making it possible to switch between clustering algorithms on the analysis level. Cost in terms of size footprint needs to be estimated and could be significant.
    2. Zisis mentioned that Karthik is working on the omega-pi photon efficiency, which looks promising. He intends to present results at the next CALWG.
  8. Simulations: no report.
  9. Any other business:
    1. Sean mentioned collection of systematic uncertainties guidelines with links to associated talks / studies. Everybody is encouraged to check these and link studies if something is missing.